Categories: Instruments, Biogenic fraction, Eco Design, Governance, Strategy and Planning, Construction Material, Business models, Paper, Legal, Eco Production, Economic, Eco Consumption, Metal, Glass, Material fractions, Technical and Research, Waste Prevention, Reuse and preparing for reuse, Plastic, Communication and Education, EEE, Recycling, Product Service Systems, Wood, Other bulky items, Industrial and Territorial Ecology, Other Fractions, Collaborative Economy
Organisation: 1) Société Régionale d'Investissement de Wallonie (public agency to finance businesses) 2) Agence pour l’Entreprise et l’Innovation (public agency for entrepreneurship and innovation) 3) Office Wallon des déchets (public agency for waste management)
- Business Clusters (including Mécatech, Greenwin) coordinated by BE.Fin for the circular economy project.
- The network of advisers for enterprises, brought together within Walloon structures known as “operators”.
- RESSOURCES: a network of non-profit making companies involved in recovery and recycling in Wallonia and in Brussels. The sixty active members receive, collect, sort, repair, recycle and resell products to which they give again life (textile, cumbersome, electrical equipment and electronic, wood, bicycles, waste of construction, green wastes, services industrial or cartridges of printers).
Localisation: Wallonia (BE)
The Marshall Plan 4.0 (2015-2019) which follows the Marshall Plan 2.Green (2009-2014) is the economic redeployment program for Wallonia. It intend to refocus the priorities of this economic restructuring program around the digital economy and circular economy. The Marshall Plan 4.0 develops a transverse axis dedicated to the circular economy as part of the Competitiveness Cluster Policy, with a specific focus on SMEs, and in collaboration with relevant actors. This focuses on the joint use of material flows and energy.
Circular economy is also integrated throughout different plans and current policies, among which:
– Regional policy statement 2014–2019
– Walloon Smart Specialization Strategy
– 2nd Walloon Sustainable Development strategy (draft)